June 24, 2007

Airport Express

The least expensive way to get from Pearson International Airport (YYZ) to downtown Toronto is Airport Express, which runs every 20 minutes during peak hours and costs less than $30 for a round trip. The Express makes eight stops on each circuit, all of them downtown. The northern-most stop is at the Delta Chelsea Hotel, which is located right in the middle of the festival area and is within short walking distance of several popular hotels. Total time from the airport to the Delta Chelsea is 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic.

I've only had one problem with Airport Express in the past. During my first trip, I had trouble finding the pickup point at the airport. These directions apply to international flights that land in Terminal 3: After making your way through customs and retrieving your luggage, follow the Bus, Van, and Transportation signs. Take the first door out of the airport and turn immediately to your left. The Airport Express stand is located curbside at Area #25.

You can preorder your fare online, but I don't see any real benefit in doing so. The Airport Express stand is always tended, and they accept cash and all major credit cards.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this tip, Darren. Despite going to TIFF for several years, I never knew about this.


Larry said...

Both years I've gone to TIFF I've used the TTC's 192 Airport Rocket for transportation from the airport.

It picks up at the Arrivals level of Terminal 3 and drops off at Kipling station where the TTC Subway Green Line (Bloor-Danforth) starts.

An adult fare of $2.75 CAN transfers you all the way to downtown. It takes about an hour to get to College Park.

I pack light and have never had a problem, but I could see why people with multiple bags might not want to navigate the subway.


Russell Lucas said...

Can we get an item on cheapest/best places for long-term parking? I think Girish mentioned something about a place last year, and I'm pretty sure I paid too much for the place I used.


Anonymous said...

I'll vouch for the #192 Airport Rocket bus as well. Have been going to the festival for nearly 20 years, and used the Airport Express bus for most of those years, but we discovered the TTC bus last year and were delighted. It's as good as the Airport Express bus in terms of schedule and a whole lot cheaper. Since we usually stay just outside of the downtown core, we've always had to transfer from the Airport Express bus to the subway to actually get to our hotel anyway.


Toronto Airport Transportation said...

how the airport express services are i haven't in this yet.

Toronto Airport Transportation