August 27, 2007

Jackman Hall

The home of The Cinematheque Ontario, Jackman Hall is located at the Art Gallery of Ontario on the corner of Dundas and McCaul. That puts it in the southwest section of the festival area, just north of The Scotiabank. Allow for some time (at least 30 minutes) if you're traveling to/from The Varsity or Bader.

I've written elsewhere about my enthusiasm for the Cinematheque and for the good people who work there, and Jackman Hall is an essential part of the 'theque experience. It's a relatively small theater with top notch sound, projection, and sight lines. One of the highlights of my film-going life occurred at Jackman Hall in 2005, when I attended a screening of Wavelength (1967) -- my first -- with Michael Snow in attendance.

Subway Stop: St. Patrick (walk three blocks west from station)
Rush & Tick-Holder Lines: Form outside of Jackman Hall

[ View Larger Map ]


1 comments:

Michael Guillen said...

Yet another great assessment. I really like how you focus on the venues.