So here it is: The Full List.
For me, the biggest news is that Agnes Varda and Terrence Davies will be participating in Dialogues. Varda, who will be accompanying her latest project to Toronto, will also discuss her first very first film, La Pointe courte (1956). Davies, who also has a new film at the fest, will be talking about the trilogy of films he made in 1984, Children, Madonna and Child, and Transfiguration.
I'm also happy to see Olivier Assayas, Kelly Reichardt, Samira Makhmalbaf, and Ryan Fleck and Anne Boden among the last additions to the Contemporary World Cinema lineup.
Biggest disappointments? No Hong Sang-soo or Ross McElwee. I'm also kind of surprised The Road didn't make it.
- Canada First! -- A new film by Lyne Charlebois
- Contemporary World Cinema -- 25 titles added, including new films by Assayas, Reichardt, Fleck/Boden, and Samira Makhmalbaf.
- Dialogues -- With Agnes Varda, Terrence Davies, Joan Dupont, and Deepa Mehta
- Gala Presentations -- The Coen Brothers are coming
- Masters -- New films by Paul Schrader and Werner Schroeter
- Mavericks -- Featuring Kathryn Bigelow, Howard Zinn, Julian Schnabel, and Chuck Close
- Real to Reel -- Three more titles added
- Special Presentations -- Two new titles, including another omnibus film, this one about New York